Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back In Tha Blocks

Went up to my old high school where Ive been getting my workouts in and put it down yesterday and today. I have that satisfactory soreness lol, went today and had a relatively light day, or so i thought. The workout just compounded what i did yesterday and all I can say is I feel great in a crazy kinda way. After hitting the weights i asked my old coach if I could get a few block starts in because he and the incoming boys for the football team were getting their forty times. So wat better time to hit up the blocks, I may have thought wrong...my legs were the typical gelatin after a nice lil workout and i could definately tell immediately as i started puttin my spikes on and getting a lil warm up. So its been a while since ive been in the blocks and I had to get reaquainted, i was really uncomfortable so i figure i need to get back out there tommorow and work on going over the 1st hurdle out of blocks. But I think i did 8-9 starts with the younger cats running the 40. Not a whole lot of competition at all unless i got caught in the blocks (coach would call em up to the line "my set position" and as soon as they were there they were gone lol) but even in those cases i was able to suck up the cats next to me. Most times I shut it down before 40...after a few i started tryna get the feel for my form and everything then i got kinda tired (IT SUCKS BEING OUT OF SHAPE) thats when my form started to fail when it should have been my main focus. But it was nice lil work, tommorow hopefully i can get over a couple of hurdles....TILL THEN PEACE

No comments: