Saturday, May 19, 2007

Puttin In The Work

Hit the track yesterday to start working on getting back to where I was before I hurt my toe. Didnt do too much just knocked out two warm-up laps then started stretching. It was actually the first time ive run on the track since i was out. Felt pretty good, I just have to build my lungs back up, cross country helped me develop alot of endurance this year too bad I gotta go through that again, I think I might hit up a 20-30 minute run in the morning. But back to yesterday, stretched and knocked out my drills broke a sweat lol. Then I set the hurdles up on the reg. marks and 5-stepped working on form and keeping everything tight with my hips up and staying on my toes. Being out for a lil while helped everything sink in that my coach had been telling me about during the season. The workout went like this 5x5 36' hurdles, 3x5 39', and like 4/5 over the 42's. Finished up and knew that I had to do something to see where i was at with my speedwork so i knocked out a 150 for form and control. If I wasnt just getting back on the track I'd be getting away with murder with that workout.

Hit tha weightroom today but my body was just feening for the track but I stayed away to give my legs a lil rest so that i can gradually get back on the track everday.

No comments: