Sunday, May 20, 2007

Adidas Track Classic

Got an opportunity to watch the Adidas Track Classic today, and this is probably the first time Ive been able to watch the entire meet, I usually come in sometime after the hurdles or something that I want to watch. But this time around I was able to catch the entire venue and I must say I loved it. Gotta make sure I get a front row seat down to Cali in few years (if ya know what i mean) and for those who dont! Im talking about an opportunity to run.

Im gonna go ahead and start where the meet started for those who didnt get a chance to watch,
100 Meters Men: Great prelims caught Dwight Phillips tearin up the track for a change probably getting in a lil strength work for the long jump, he's pretty quick tho so I may be wrong and he may be trying something new. Mo Greene kinda shocked me with his performance I hope its not another injury couldnt stand to see him plagued with that for another year. Tyson Gay really made his mark today, he's been in the background as a sprinter for so long but I think he's really putting his mark on the sprints. 9.79 was the time....pretty strong statement too bad the wind wasnt legal.

Got a chance to see the beautiful Lisa Barber run too, what a sight those women are so cut and just talented as hell, but back to the action Torri Edwards came out hard, I believe i remember her being out for some drug that they have since then made legal a few years back. She struck out today. Wish I couldve gotten the chance to see Joanna Hayes run today she's also a hell of a hurdler along with one hell of a woman! But instead I got to see Michelle Perry, Virginia Powell and tha one chick from Canada who ususually puts it down, (know her name just dont feel like looking for the correct spelling..Philicia i think but...) Powell has one hell of a start and just powers down the track but Michelle Perry came back and got her with a lil of that good ol experience and form.

Men's 200 was stacked I think it was like only one cat who wasnt from the U.S. in the race Spearmon put it down for tha light-skinned bright-skinned brothas lol. Gotta shout out Lashawn Merritt for puttin it down also, for a 400 meter runner he held his own, gonna be a great year in the 200 from my perspective, especially afta putting in Hussain Bolt from Jamaica. 400 meters was another nice race to watch I think anytime Jeremy Wariner hits tha track on or off television people are gonna flock because everyone is waiting for the record to fall, the great MJ might not be having it WHO KNOWS.

The MAIN EVENT in my eyes lol the great 110 Meter Hurdles. That race had me on the edge of my seat I love it lol. Saw David Oliver and Ron Bramlett out there reppin for the Bloggers lol (I swear reading the blog of elite hurdlers and then seeing them on t.v. makes me feel like I know someone famous lol) But Trammell got out strong and pushed the field, Oliver had a lil trouble with the first hurdle but got things back on track really soon along with David Payne it looked for a minute like it was going to be a repeat of Doha when Payne and Oliver caught Trammell late in the race but Trammell pulled it out and ran another nice time for the season. Crazy thing happen in the beginning of the race with Aries Merritt his BLOCK BROKE!!!!!! WHAT lol my man mustve been coming with that heat out of the blocks. His didnt slide, the just BROKE the whole pedal just snapped off. He was HOT! walked down and talked to the announcer after Trammell had his recap. Talk about something crazy, I wonder if thats ever happened before.

1. Terrence Trammell-13.17

2. David Payne-13.28

3. David Oliver-13.29

4. Ryan Wilson-13.38

5. Ron Bramlett-13.52

6. Antwon Hicks-13.64

7. Aubrey Herring-13.98

Overall this was a great meet in my eyes, definately gotta catch the next televised event "Reebok Grand Prix" 06/02/07 ESPN 2 at 11:00 eastern.

Congrats and Thank You to all the runners who came out and put down some great performances and excellent entertainment for all the Track and Field atheletes and "TRACKHEADS"

No comments: