Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Checked out my visitor counter on the blog the other day and saw that some people actually stop by to check out the nonsense i write on here lol. So i figured since I've been reading everyone elses blogs and been entertained in the process its about time that i put something out here for the of yo who stop by. Ive been home for about 5 days now from school for the summer. I plan on heading back up to ATL to start training again with a track club there that has a very strong core of hurdlers. HOPEFULLY I get that opportunity because im dying to get back into shape and back to competing, I need it so much, the hurdles are like my drugs and im feening. I just started back running in the grass last week and i could tell i need to start working on my conditioning so that when i make it back to Atlanta i have a lil bit of a base. This week has been mostly me chilling at home and the going to the weight room and the track when it cools off.


Its great to see results from lifting while ive been out. Im beginning to get a lil bigger and i definately feel alot stronger. Visual results for the ladies are by far the best lol. But the self-satisfaction is the best feeling. My mom came and scooped me up last friday from school and we stopped to see the boys state track meet prelims. These kids have alot of talent but it seems that the talent pool has gone done just a lil in alot of the sprints since i graduated last year. The hurdles were a whole different story tho, its a kid from ATL that ran 13.88 i believe. Hopefully he'll be one of the guys i get the chance to train with this summer. He's only about 17 so that means he has a hell of a future ahead of him. Its nice to be home chillin with my two homebois and just being able to relax.


Been reading a journal that D.O. (David Oliver Check the link at the bottom) had done while he was in college it was pretty kool to see what a day in the life of a collegiate hurdler other than myself was like. Ive also been checking between him and bramlett on the coverage from the Doha meet they had the opportunity to hit up last week. Im fascinated with all of it because they are living out my dreams and i get a first hand experience through their blogs ITS GREAT. Hopefully one day ill be able to do the same for someone like myself, it would be awesome, to travel and run the hurdles two things i love dearly in my life. So much for this blog, i will be back later tho because my days are filled with a whole bunch of nothing so it would be nice to work on my writing here lol.


No comments: