Monday, August 11, 2008

Gettin things Kranked Up!

Tomorrow marks Clark Atlanta University's X/C team's first official practice. So bright and early tomorrow morning I'm going to be out in the Atlanta heat...they dont call it hot-lanta for nothing...running in a 3mile assessment...HA HA! lol Lets just say im gonna be in the zone...thats the only place I have any choice to be...I usually take the Fall and cross-country season as a big mental practice and preparation for me for the spring when things really get LIVE.
I really dont see it in my near future of me ever being extremely competitive in cross-country...not because im not a competitive individual because I believe that in order to even be apart of this sport you have to want to win at everything you do...but simply because im too passionate about my hurdles lmao and also for the realization that many sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers and throwers never really transition well into the longer events. So dont expect me at a university near you running the steeple chase or anything :-)
This time of the season like i mention is a huge mental portion...its also a relaxing experience for your body, I recently purchased a yoga dvd for athletes Yoga Complete For Athletes by bodywidsom media and its really helping with my flexibility which is essential for any athlete especially hurdlers and sprinters and it also helps the mental aspects...being able to relax your body and focus your energy. If you havent noticed yet I have a huge belief that if you can dream it you can definitely achieve it! I recently read on Lolo Jones website how she will talk to herself before getting into the blocks...definitely had to take time out and try that technique and believe it or not it really works. I think you have so much going on in your head so if you dont focus on one thing you get cluttered in alot of things. So thanks Lolo definitely helped me out in my drills...trail toe and leading with that knee.


QUOTE: "Gray skies are just clouds passing over." -Frank Gifford

No comments: