Sunday, March 18, 2007

Injuries SUCK!

Injured my foot last week in practice, another addition to the 10 hurldes that i already have to overcome. Went to the Morehouse Relays this weekend hoping that all was well after coach gave me two days of rest to make sure i would be good for saturday and as you can probably guess the foot was still no good. Got to the meet and was planning on long jumping at least but coach told me that it would be too much stress on the foot...so this is the second consecutive meet that ive been unable to jump (something that i really want to do after my bs performance in our opening meet). So she tells me no jumps and to start warming up to be on the 4x200 a feat that took forever. It was pretty hard to jog and do drills without putting alot of pressure on the foot so i looked like a fool limp/jogging for almost an hour and attempting a drill or two when i got tired of that. So we finally head down to the track to run and have to go through heats of highschool girls and boys and the collegiate women.

All the while im on the curve between heats trying to get the foot to adapt to what it was going to have to do and my teamates are looking at me and telling me I should just sit it out. BUT ME BEING THE STUBBORN INDIVIDUAL I AM AND CONSTANTLY WANTING TO PLEASE MY COACH I, CHOSE TO RUN ANYWAY. So our A team is in the heat before us, (not sure if i was taken off because of the foot or what...still confused on that one) but anyway they get on the track and run a decent race giving that it may have been 50 degrees outside. So I proceed to take off the sweats as the b team lead off leg starts and realize that im not going to have much work to do, due to all the ground that the other teams were gaining on us lol. So I get the baton 4th leg and come out of the curve trying to compensate for a 75 meter lead that has been put out by the other teams in our heat and got to the straight rather quickly and pretty much shut it down at 120meters thinking about the foot and realizing that there wasnt too much i could get done. So i cross the line and walk to get my sweats and the foot starts killing me (DAMN). Had to keep my left spike on so that i wouldnt have to deal with it being swollen and not being able to get it back in to run in the hurdles. 45 minutes later it was time for the hurdles so i hoble down to the field to warmup and realize there is no way im going to be able to push off and come down on the foot in the hurdles. So coach and I talk and I go get checked out by the trainer who tells me that it could either be a bone fracture on the top of my foot, or some strained or torn ligaments up there. :-( probably the worst feeling ever, hopefully its the strained ligaments and Im back on the track soon. Trainer monday afternoon!

No comments: